Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Red Sox lose and Apple saves the day

I was watching the Boston / Cleveland game tonight, consequentially resulting in the biting off of my fingernails, when I saw an interesting iPhone commercial.

I am relatively unstupid, which means I am not one of the one million people who shelled out $600 dollars (or only $500 if you weren't cool enough to get the extra-special version) to secure my status as a hipster by getting an iPhone. So, as I watched the Apple commercials tonight, I recognized that they are targeting me: the unstupid one who eluded a fad.

Well, here comes a dazzling confessional-style Apple commercial.

The classy black backdrop is awesome.

I’m eagerly waiting for David and Lindsay to tell me all about how Stephen slapped Irene after she called him gay.

I don’t get that, and instead I get some dude talking about a dinner date with his girlfriend.

All right, it is a nice setup, so what’s going on?

Apparently, this poor gentleman’s girlfriend has forgotten her boss’s fiancĂ©’s name, and they are meeting them for dinner. I’d assume they would just introduce themselves to each other over the double-date. I mean, that is what I would do.

Not knowing the name of a person you haven’t met isn’t a real crisis in my world.

I guess I don’t get it, for you see oh unstupid reader, because super-cool-hipster boyfriend has an iPhone, he can check the boss’s website super quick to find the fiancĂ©’s name (this could of only been better if he were checking MySpace) thus making his girlfriend look good.

...

I’m sold!


The iPhone – just in case you don’t want to introduce yourself to someone when you first meet them

No comments: